.

.
.

Fresh Corn on the Cob!!!

I first came to France 16 years ago. A couple of weeks ago was the first time I have come across fresh corn on the cob! The french still haven't quite figured out what to do with it yet, expect for putting it in their salad, which is why each ear comes with a handy paper band with instructions. They have the "Recette Micro-Onde: A La Coque" (Boiled Corn in the Microwave), "Recette Vapeur: A La Quebequoise" (Quebec Style Steamed Corn), "Recette Barbecue: A La Provencale" (Provence Style Barbequed Corn), and "Recette Four: En Papillotte" (Foil Wrapped Corn Baked in the Oven).


So where do you get this corn? In the 7th arrondisment near Gerland, at:
87, Bd Yves Farge
69007, Lyon
The retail section is at the back of the driveway. They always carry fresh corn on the cob but sometimes they run out. They are open from 8am-7pm Mon-Fri., 8am-1pm and 3pm-7pm on Sat., and from 8am-12pm Sundays and Holidays.
Post by Dori

5 comments:

Emily {Rue de France} said...

Picard sells corn on the cob. Of course it's frozen & so I was expecting it to be awful, but you know what? C'est pas mal!

Anonymous said...

Corn on the cob?!?! I will have to find this place and try it out. I never eat corn on the cob back home... funny how being away makes you more "American" ;)

Thank you!

Dori said...

Emily, Thanks for the tip. I think Bail Distribution has mostly seasonal items. So I'll keep Picard in mind :)

Dori said...

Anon., You are so right. There are all kinds of things that I all of the sudden want to eat, I think, precisely because all of the sudden I can't!

Bail is a great place to check out even if you don't get the corn on the cob.

Carolina said...

You'll find corn 3 for 2 euros at Madraas Bazar in Saxe-Gambetta - bought them last Saturday (August 27). They have them quit regularly during the season.